Coronavirus latest: 247 cases in Ohio, 63 in Kentucky, 126 in Indiana





The COVID-19 outbreak is continuing to change everyday life for millions of Americans. Leaders across the county, including the Tri-State area, are implementing measures to stop the spread, shutting down schools and restaurants and canceling events.
Here, you can get the latest information on the coronavirus, or COVID-19, in Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana as well as resources to be prepared and keep your family safe.

CORONAVIRUS IN KENTUCKY

Two deaths have now been reported in Kentucky as the number of confirmed COVID-19 coronavirus cases grows to 63, Gov. Andy Beshear said Friday.
That update is accurate as of 5 p.m., Beshear added, saying that the case is rapidly evolving and changing by the hour.
A 64-year-old man from Jefferson County is the latest COVID-19 death in the Bluegrass. That man died on March 13, Beshear said, but a recent test confirmed he died of the new coronavirus. A 66-year-old man from Bourbon County also died earlier this week, Beshear said.
Two people that have tested positive are children. Among them are an 8-month-old child and a 6-year-old boy. Hundreds of others are being tested for COVID-19, with 639 being monitored as of Thursday night.
The news comes during a week of restrictions from the Kentucky governor, who on Tuesday announced that several businesses across the state will be closed as a precaution for COVID-19. In addition to bars and restaurants, Beshear announced that entertainment and recreational facilities, community and recreation centers, gyms, hair salons, nail salons, concert venues, sports venues, spas and theaters will close until further notice. There are some critical businesses that will be exempt, such as construction, manufacturing, agriculture, trash collection, grocery, retail, auto repair, pharmacy, biomedical, post offices, banks, gas stations, veterinarians, pet stores, storage, hotel/commercial lodging and more.

CORONAVIRUS IN OHIO

There have been three coronavirus-related deaths in Ohio. Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine confirmed the state's first death from the coronavirus, identifying the male patient as a 76-year-old attorney from the Lucas County who recently traveled to California. An Erie County public health official has confirmed Ohio's second coronavirus-related death -- an 85-year-old man who was on a ventilator. The third death was a 91-year-old man from Cuyahoga County, according to Dr. Amy Acton.
The state has 247 confirmed cases of the virus, with 58 hospitalizations. The state is limiting testing to those who are hospitalized and to healthcare workers. DeWine identified the patient who died as Mark Wagoner, Sr., a well-known attorney in Toledo who died Wednesday.
The Ohio Health Department says people with suspected symptoms should call a medical provider first, but seek immediate help if symptoms are serious, such as difficulty breathing or shortness of breath.
DeWine added Friday that he will be signing an executive order shuttering all senior centers and adult day care services by end of business Monday. Some services, which include necessitates like transportation for seniors and food delivery, will be allowed to continue.
DeWine has ordered numerous closures across the state as the outbreak grows. On Wednesday, the governor ordered the state's barbershops, hair dressers, salons, nail spas and tattoo parlors to close by the day's end. In addition, DeWine ordered most of the state's Bureau of Motor Vehicles locations close. The governor said 181 locations will close and five essential locations will remain open. The governor previously ordered the closure of the state's restaurants, bars, gyms, fitness centers, recreation centers, bowling alleys, indoor water parks, movie theaters and trampoline parks.

CORONAVIRUS IN INDIANA

Confirmed cases of COVID-19 coronavirus has risen to 169 in Indiana.
As of Friday morning, three Hoosiers have died of the virus, with 833 people total being tested.
The list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard here.
Indiana political leaders also said Friday that they decided to postpone the state's May 5 primary because of concern about the coronavirus pandemic. Republican Gov. Eric Holcomb said during a news conference with the state GOP and Democratic chairmen that the Indiana primary will instead be held on June 2.
Gov. Eric Holcomb took additional unprecedented actions Thursday, signing executive orders that all K-12 schools be closed until May 1. The extension may expand through the end of the school year.
Holcomb said all state mandated assessments will be canceled for this school year. The governor has been in constant contact with the U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos to share the state’s plan.
Holcomb has also signed an executive order activating the Indiana National Guard to be on duty to assist as needed with coronavirus response, the governor’s office announced Tuesday. Holcomb said Monday that the National Guard could be used to provide temporary medical facilities. Holcomb has also extended the current state of emergency for another 30 days after it expires on April 5.
Holcomb said daily COVID-19 testing capacity in Indiana has expanded with the addition of a new partnership between the Indiana State Department of Health and Eli Lilly and Company, and at least one other entity has initiated testing this week. In the past 24 hours, about 200 tests have been completed, Holcomb said.

CORONAVIRUS IN INDIANA

Confirmed cases of COVID-19 coronavirus has risen to 169 in Indiana.
As of Friday morning, three Hoosiers have died of the virus, with 833 people total being tested.
The list of counties with cases is included in the ISDH COVID-19 dashboard here.
Indiana political leaders also said Friday that they decided to postpone the state's May 5 primary because of concern about the coronavirus pandemic. Republican Gov. Eric Holcomb said during a news conference with the state GOP and Democratic chairmen that the Indiana primary will instead be held on June 2.
Gov. Eric Holcomb took additional unprecedented actions Thursday, signing executive orders that all K-12 schools be closed until May 1. The extension may expand through the end of the school year.
Holcomb said all state mandated assessments will be canceled for this school year. The governor has been in constant contact with the U.S. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos to share the state’s plan.
Holcomb has also signed an executive order activating the Indiana National Guard to be on duty to assist as needed with coronavirus response, the governor’s office announced Tuesday. Holcomb said Monday that the National Guard could be used to provide temporary medical facilities. Holcomb has also extended the current state of emergency for another 30 days after it expires on April 5.
Holcomb said daily COVID-19 testing capacity in Indiana has expanded with the addition of a new partnership between the Indiana State Department of Health and Eli Lilly and Company, and at least one other entity has initiated testing this week. In the past 24 hours, about 200 tests have been completed, Holcomb said.
Coronavirus latest: 247 cases in Ohio, 63 in Kentucky, 126 in Indiana Coronavirus latest: 247 cases in Ohio, 63 in Kentucky, 126 in Indiana Reviewed by Anson Moore on March 21, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.