Featured Posts

[News][feat1]

Prince Harry Breaks His Silence On Royal Exit, Says He Had “No Other Option”

January 19, 2020

Prince Harry just made his first public appearance, and during his speech, he addressed the family drama surrounding him and his wife these past few weeks.

The Duke of Sussex delivered some remarks at a charity dinner in support of a foundation he runs, which helps people with HIV and AIDS.

He didn’t hold back, getting right into the news of him and his wife Meghan stepping away from royal life.

According to TMZ, Prince Harry contends that they actually wanted to continue serving as Royals on behalf of the Queen, but just wanted to cut out the public funding part out. He revealed that to his dismay, it just wasn’t possible… so he made a tough decision in getting all the way out. Harry claimed he had no choice.

“The decision I have made for my wife and I to step back is not one that was made lightly. It was so many months of talks after so many years of challenges. And I know I haven’t always gotten it right, but as far as this goes there really wasn’t any other option.”

Harry explained to the guests that he’s taking a leap of faith by venturing out like this, but says with the support of his countrymen and friends … he thinks he and his family will manage.

“It is our privilege to serve you, and we will continue to lead a life of service,” he vowed.

The post Prince Harry Breaks His Silence On Royal Exit, Says He Had “No Other Option” appeared first on Baller Alert.



source https://balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/prince-harry-breaks-his-silence-on-royal-exit-says-he-had-no-other-option/
Prince Harry Breaks His Silence On Royal Exit, Says He Had “No Other Option” Prince Harry Breaks His Silence On Royal Exit, Says He Had “No Other Option” Reviewed by Black America Press on January 19, 2020 Rating: 5

Disney Removes “Fox” From 20th Century Fox Name, Will Rebrand As Just 20th Century After $71 Billion Deal

January 19, 2020

Disney is kicking the #Fox name to the curb and rebranding the studio as just #20thCentury.

The studio has been named 20th Century Fox for the past 85 years, but on Friday, news released that Disney will remove the Fox part of the name and keeping it as only 20th Century.  20th Century’s art-house production company, Fox Searchlight, will also be getting Fox taken out and renamed be Searchlight Pictures, CNN reports.

The move comes after Disney acquired Fox and all its assets in a $71 billion deal last year. The studio’s logo, title card, and fanfare will all stay the same. The new name will make its debut on Searchlight Pictures’ “Downhill,” a drama/comedy starring #WillFerrell and #JuliaLouisDreyfus, which will come out in theaters on Valentine’s Day. The first movie to feature the new 20th Century name will be “The Call of the Wild,” an adventure film starring #HarrisonFord, which will be on screens on February 21.

As for Fox’s other assets, Fox Entertainment, Fox Sports and Fox News, those are a part of Fox Corporation and are not attached to Disney in any way. “The name 20th Century Fox has deep roots in film, so it’s chipping away a little chunk of Hollywood history,” Leonard Maltin, a film critic, and historian told CNN business. “It’s one of the pillars of the moviegoing experience. Even a non-film buff recognizes that logo, that name, and that music, which is one of the most famous fanfares in the world.”

In 1935, 20th Century Fox was born as a merger between Twentieth Century Pictures and Fox Films.

Disney Removes “Fox”
(Photo by VALERIE MACON / AFP) (Photo credit should read VALERIE MACON/AFP via Getty Images)

The post Disney Removes “Fox” From 20th Century Fox Name, Will Rebrand As Just 20th Century After $71 Billion Deal appeared first on Baller Alert.



source https://balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/removes-fox-from-20th-century-fox-name-will-rebrand-as-just-20th-century-after-71-billion-deal/
Disney Removes “Fox” From 20th Century Fox Name, Will Rebrand As Just 20th Century After $71 Billion Deal Disney Removes “Fox” From 20th Century Fox Name, Will Rebrand As Just 20th Century After $71 Billion Deal Reviewed by Black America Press on January 19, 2020 Rating: 5

”Bad Boys 3” Made $100 Million Opening Weekend Worldwide

January 19, 2020

written by: @dawnnnyy_

It has been a long 17 years since we’ve seen detectives Mike Lowrey (Will Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) on the big screen, and clearly they were missed! The third installment of the Bad Boys Franchise, ”Bad Boys For Life” broke records its premiere weekend. Deadline reported that the action-comedy made an estimated $68.1 million over the four-day Martin Luther King Day Weekend, including a whopping $59.175 million over the 3-day, Friday-Sunday frame and a $100M+ worldwide. It is the number one film around the globe.

This is the second biggest debut over MLK weekend of all time, right behind American Sniper; according to Forbes, Bad Boys For Life now “has a shot at being the biggest-grossing “new” January release of all time.”

In comparison to ”Bad Boys II” (2003), without inflation, that movie grossed $47 million in its opening weekend, meaning “Bad Boys 3 sold about as many tickets over its first four days of release as Bad Boys II sold in its first three days.”

This is a huge accomplishment for directors, Adil and Bilall, whose filmmaking career has skyrocketed since the release. This is also a big win for Lawerence as this is the best opening of his career. According to Deadline, this is Smith’s fifth-best 3-day opening.

Bad Boys For Life and 4
Bad Boys For Life

The post ”Bad Boys 3” Made $100 Million Opening Weekend Worldwide appeared first on Baller Alert.



source https://balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/bad-boys-3-made-100-million-opening-weekend-worldwide/
”Bad Boys 3” Made $100 Million Opening Weekend Worldwide ”Bad Boys 3” Made $100 Million Opening Weekend Worldwide Reviewed by Black America Press on January 19, 2020 Rating: 5

Rapper Pop Smoke arrested for allegedly transporting a stolen Rolls Royce, authorities say

January 19, 2020
5:00 p.m.
1/19/2020
A.D.M

Rapper Pop Smoke had just returned from Europe Friday when he was arrested at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York on a charge of interstate transport of a stolen vehicle.
A federal indictment says between November and December last year, the rapper, whose real name is Bashar Jackson, transported a black Rolls Royce Wraith across state lines "knowing said motor vehicle to have been stolen."
Jackson pleaded not guilty during his arraignment in Brooklyn on Friday, said John Marzulli, a spokesman for the US Attorney's Office for the Eastern District. He was released on a $250,000 bond and will return to federal court on Tuesday another surety to sign the bond, Marzulli said.

Assistant US Attorney Gillian Kassner said Friday that Jackson is believed to be a member of the "823 G Stone Crips" gang. US Magistrate Judge Ramon Reyes Jr. ordered Jackson to have no contact with gang members, or victim/witnesses while he was out on bond, Marzulli said.
The rapper's hit "Welcome to the Party" has more than 20 million views on YouTube since May. He recently collaborated with rapper Travis Scott on the song "Gatti."

Source says car was loaned for use in a music video

The Rolls Royce valued at $375,000 was loaned to the rapper by its owner in California for use in a music video, a source familiar with the case told CNN. The source said the rapper and owner had a verbal agreement that the vehicle would be returned the following day, and in exchange, the owner would get VIP access to a future Pop Smoke concert.
The owner reported the vehicle missing to the Los Angeles Police Department in November when Jackson allegedly did not return it, the source said. The owner was able to track the vehicle to Arizona before its location could no longer be accessed.
The car was located on December 3 in front of Jackson's home in Brooklyn. It was transported to New York from California by truck, the source said.
When the vehicle was recovered, the source said Alabama license plates were covering the original California plates and the windows had been tinted.
The vehicle has since been returned to the owner, whom the source did not name.

Rapper Pop Smoke arrested for allegedly transporting a stolen Rolls Royce, authorities say Rapper Pop Smoke arrested for allegedly transporting a stolen Rolls Royce, authorities say Reviewed by Anson Moore on January 19, 2020 Rating: 5

Kidnapped Teen Saved By Using Snapchat To Alert Friends Of Her Location

January 19, 2020

A 14-year-old California girl who had been kidnapped by three men was found this week after using Snapchat to tell her friends she’d been kidnapped and didn’t know where she was, according to the San Jose Police Department.

In a press release, the department said the girl’s friends used the app to pinpoint her location, then called 911, leading police to an E-Z 8 Motel in San Jose. Officers found the girl inside a motel room and arrested 55-year-old Albert Thomas Vasquez, who was seen leaving the room.

According to Buzzfeed News, police said Vasquez met the teen girl in the nearby city of Capitola that same day, where he gave her drugs until she was incapacitated. Then, Vasquez called Antonio Quirino Salvador, 34, and Hediberto Gonzalez Avarenga, 31, to help him kidnap the girl.

The three men reportedly forced the girl into a car, where police said Vasquez sexually assaulted her. They then drove to the E-Z 8 Motel, carried the girl into a second-floor room, and Vasquez allegedly assaulted her again.

Vasquez has been charged with kidnapping to commit rape, digital penetration with a child under 14 years with force, false imprisonment, lewd act with a child 14 or 15 years with force, and rape by intoxication or controlled substance, police said. Salvador and Avarenga were arrested the following day and charged with kidnapping and conspiracy, according to the publication.

A Snapchat spokesperson told BuzzFeed News that the Snap Map has been used in similar circumstances before and iterated that the user’s Snap Map location can be shared with friends of their choosing and only updates while the app is open.

Snapchat saving lives! Thank God she’s safe!

Snapchat
Istock

The post Kidnapped Teen Saved By Using Snapchat To Alert Friends Of Her Location appeared first on Baller Alert.



source https://balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/kidnapped-teen-saved-by-using-snapchat-to-alert-friends-of-her-location/
Kidnapped Teen Saved By Using Snapchat To Alert Friends Of Her Location Kidnapped Teen Saved By Using Snapchat To Alert Friends Of Her Location Reviewed by Black America Press on January 19, 2020 Rating: 5

“Grown-ish” Renewed For Season 4

January 19, 2020

Freeform announced at the Television Critics Association that the hit show “Grown-ish” has been renewed for season 4.

According to Deadline, the renewal for the “black-ish” spinoff follows this week’s season 3 premiere and comes on the heels of strong ratings and critical acclaim for season 2. The series successfully ranked as last year’s No. 1 live-action comedy on cable among Women 18-34 and Females 12-34.

The show stars a talented young cast featuring Yara Shahidi, Trevor Jackson, Francia Raisa, Emily Arlook, Jordan Buhat, Chloe Bailey, Halle Bailey, Luka Sabbat, and Diggy Simmons.

The series is a contemporary take on the issues that young adults face in the world of higher education. Season 3 finds the gang returning as confident, eager, and seasoned upper-classmen, with Zoey and her girls moving into an off-campus home, ready to take on the new school year.

Grown-Ish

The post “Grown-ish” Renewed For Season 4 appeared first on Baller Alert.



source https://balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/grown-ish-renewed-for-season-4/
“Grown-ish” Renewed For Season 4 “Grown-ish” Renewed For Season 4 Reviewed by Black America Press on January 19, 2020 Rating: 5

Oregon US Bank Employee Terminated After Helping A Struggling Man Get Home For Christmas

January 19, 2020

written by: @dawnnnyy_

Emily James, a senior bank employee at Portland US Bank call center, was fired shortly after the holidays for giving $20 of her own money to help a man get home to his family for Christmas.

On Dec. 23, Marc Eugenio, a bank customer, was struggling to access funds—about $1,000— that was put on hold. He spent more than an hour on the phone with James trying to get his check-off hold so he could avoid essentially being broke on Christmas. James advised him to visit his local branch the next day — Christmas Eve — to ask for a manager’s assistance in the matter. That next morning, Eugenio went straight to the bank but was unable to receive the help he desperately needed.

According to Oregon Live, the bank manager at the Clackamas branch was on vacation, and an employee informed him, “My hands are tied, I can’t do anything.” The bank employees proceeded to lock the doors behind him as he left.

Rightfully upset, Eugenio contacted the call center again and requested to speak to James. “He said he was calling from a gas station in Clackamas, unable to even fill his tank,”  James told reporters.

When Eugenio said, “I wish I had just $20 bucks to get home,” that is when James did the unexpected. She just so happened to be a few miles away and after getting permission to leave, “she told Eugenio to stay put and that she’d be there within 30 minutes with some gas money,” according to Oregon Live.

When James arrived, she handed Eugenio $20 in cash, said ‘Merry Christmas’ and quickly returned back to her job.

“I didn’t want her to do it,” Eugenio said. “But I’m not proud to the point that I’m going to refuse help.” He thanked her and gave her a big hug. A true act of kindness on James’ end.

On Dec.31, James, unfortunately, lost her job for an “unauthorized interaction with a customer,” Fox News reported.

Eugenio views the firing as “ridiculous.”  He went onto say, “I was a customer of US Bank, I needed help, and she went above and beyond. Most supervisors, maybe they would have tried, but nobody would have ever come out because I was stranded. She had a big heart. She believed what I was saying.”

At US Bank, their core value is “We put people first.” But is this really the case? Originally James shared the story to possibly get her job back, but now she is unsure. “I don’t think I would want to continue to work for someone who would do that,” she said.

US Bank
Istock

The post Oregon US Bank Employee Terminated After Helping A Struggling Man Get Home For Christmas appeared first on Baller Alert.



source https://balleralert.com/profiles/blogs/oregon-us-bank-employee-terminated-after-helping-a-struggling-man-get-home-for-christmas/
Oregon US Bank Employee Terminated After Helping A Struggling Man Get Home For Christmas Oregon US Bank Employee Terminated After Helping A Struggling Man Get Home For Christmas Reviewed by Black America Press on January 19, 2020 Rating: 5

Comme Des Garcons Apologizes For White Models Wearing Braided Wigs, Says Inspiration Came From An Egyptian Prince

January 19, 2020
Comme Des Garcons Apologizes For White Models Wearing Braided Wigs, Says Inspiration Came From An Egyptian Prince Comme Des Garcons Apologizes For White Models Wearing Braided Wigs, Says Inspiration Came From An Egyptian Prince Reviewed by Black America Press on January 19, 2020 Rating: 5

Drexel University Professor Accused Of Spending $185K In Grant Funding Intended For Research On Strippers And Sports Bars

January 19, 2020

A former Drexel University professor in Philadelphia is facing theft charges after he allegedly spent $185,000 in federal grant money on strip clubs and other personal expenses. District Attorney Larry Krasner announced earlier this week the arrest and charging of...

The post Drexel University Professor Accused Of Spending $185K In Grant Funding Intended For Research On Strippers And Sports Bars appeared first on The Shade Room.

Drexel University Professor Accused Of Spending $185K In Grant Funding Intended For Research On Strippers And Sports Bars Drexel University Professor Accused Of Spending $185K In Grant Funding Intended For Research On Strippers And Sports Bars Reviewed by Black America Press on January 19, 2020 Rating: 5

Instagram Will Begin To Label Photoshopped Images With A “False Information” Warning

January 19, 2020
Instagram Will Begin To Label Photoshopped Images With A “False Information” Warning Instagram Will Begin To Label Photoshopped Images With A “False Information” Warning Reviewed by Black America Press on January 19, 2020 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.